SKYCITY Darwin has expanded to offer you a stylish and unique experience with more accommodation, food, beverage and entertainment options.
Completed in August 2012, this luxury development has redefined Top End tourism. Featuring 32 exquisite lagoon view rooms centered around a lush tropical lagoon, the property showcases two VIP Gaming Super Villas with luxury accommodation, an a-la-carte restaurant Cove, a terrace bar, a swim-up bar and the Lagoon Day Spa.
Click here to view the media gallery.
- Over 100,000 plants have been carefully planted to create a lush tropical ambience, equating to a cost in excess of $1 million.
- The man-made heated lagoon is approximately the size of 8 and a half tennis courts and holds 3 million litres of water.
- Darwin is now home to the only VIP Gaming Super Villas with luxury accommodation in the NT, each villa measures over 100 square metres in size.
- The spectacular lagoon pool features a 30 metre white sand beach that has over 400 tons of sand brought in from Queensland.
- The 32 luxury lagoon guest rooms measure 50 square metres each and offer guests a balcony to enjoy the lagoon view. Lower ground level villas enjoying two balconies and lagoon swim up access.
- The new restaurant Cove is the 5th additional restaurant for SKYCITY Darwin, it overlooks the lagoon and features breakfast, lunch and a-la-carte dinner cuisine.
- The new lagoon swim up bar is the only bar of its kind in Darwin, this plus the new terrace bar brings the total bars at SKYCITY Darwin to 6, the largest in one entertainment venue in the NT.
- John Holland Construction, who was responsible for the development build, employed up to an average of 100 workers per day during the building process.
- Modwood timber made from recycled plastic and waste sawdust has been used extensively throughout the project.
- To reduce the reliance on air conditioning, passive cooling through use of ceiling fans and cross ventillation as well as windows that extend have been implemented.
- A state of the art building management system has been installed to ensure environmental efficiency.
- The development has taken 24 months from turn of soil to completion.
- Total cost was originally anticipated to amount to $40 million.
- The next development at SKYCITY Darwin is the construction of the VIP Gaming Floor and introduction of an air-conditioned beach-side marquee.