Personal Information we Collect
The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend upon what dealings you have with us. The personal information may include:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, address, marital status, smoker/non smoker, language preference, identification type and image;
- Video images of you as further set out in the “Video Surveillance” section below; and
- Premier Rewards membership details as further set out in the “Premier Rewards Programme” section below.
How we Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you when you: sign up to our Premier Rewards loyalty programme; use your Premier Rewards card; visit our premises; conduct a transaction which requires us to obtain anti money laundering information; register to receive our newsletters or other marketing materials; enter our competitions or promotions, visit our websites, make a restaurant or Hotel booking, complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us. As well as collecting information directly from you or your activities, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
- Booking agents who liaise with us and/or make bookings for our goods, services and/or facilities on your behalf;
- Third parties that run competitions and other promotions for which we may be a sponsor and/or participant;
- Third parties that provide us with marketing databases which you have opted into;
- Regulatory authorities;
- Other members of Casino and Resorts Australasia, where you intend to travel between such members’ casinos or where required pursuant to our host responsibility requirements;
- Fraud checking and/or credit reference agencies; and
- Other companies within the SKYCITY group of companies.
Use of Personal Information
We only use or disclose personal information for the purpose which is either specified, or reasonably apparent, to you at the time you provide the information. We may use or disclose your information for related purposes for which you would reasonably expect it to be used. These purposes may include:
- Providing, administering and marketing our goods, services and facilities, including verifying your identity, contacting you about bookings and processing payments;
- Providing and operating competitions, promotions and events;
- Distributing our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party service providers;
- Providing customer support where required;
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and requirements set by law enforcement bodies and regulatory bodies such as the NT Gaming Regulator.
- Facilitating participation in the Premier Rewards programme as further set out in the “Premier Rewards Programme” section below.
Sharing information with other Organisations
Your information may also be disclosed to other members of Casino and Resorts Australasia, fraud-checking agencies and/or credit reference agencies for the purposes of carrying out verification and/or credit checks. We only disclose information to members of Casino and Resorts Australasia who are also subject to the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth). Please note that some members of Casino and Resorts Australasia and some of SKYCITY’s group companies are located overseas in New Zealand.
In addition, your information may also be disclosed to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law or to meet our obligations under applicable legislation.
Premier Rewards Loyalty Programme
In addition to the purposes outlined above in the “Use of Personal Information” section, we may also use information on our Premier Rewards database for other purposes.
One of the primary purposes of our Premier Rewards programme is to market products, services and promotions which may appeal to you or for which you may qualify. In addition, we utilise Premier Rewards members’ transactional data (including monetary spend, visitation history and location of spend) to assess membership eligibility for each tier of the programme, award Premier Rewards Points, determine your eligibility for certain Premier Rewards member exclusive promotions and provide you with such other benefits to which you may be eligible.
Membership of our Premier Rewards programme is subject to terms and conditions which can be found at http://www.skycitydarwin.com.au/media/573433/Premier-Rewards-Loyalty-Program-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf
We are committed to providing a secure environment for all visitors to our premises and, accordingly, our premises and their surroundings are under constant video surveillance. Details of suspected illegal and undesirable activities are occasionally shared with other members of Casino and Resorts Australasia (available at http://www.auscasinos.com/), law enforcement bodies and regulatory bodies such as the Northern Territory gaming regulator.
When you visit our website, we may use an Internet browser feature called a “cookie”.
A cookie is a small data file that may be placed on the computer of a web user (usually in the browser software folder) the first time a computer visits a website which operates cookies. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to identify you personally. They only identify your computer when you visit our website.
Security of Personal Information
We will use all reasonable means to protect your personal information securely against unauthorised use and access. Your personal information will be recorded, amended and used only by authorised persons who are required to keep your information confidential.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You are welcome to request details of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. We may require personal identification from you before providing you with any requested details.
If you find that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact our Privacy Officer. It may take up to 30 days to update our records.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to your personal information. However, we will not charge you for making the request or for correcting or updating your personal information.
Premier Rewards members may update their profile information free of charge online or by contacting us at the Premier Rewards Station on-site.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any request for details of the personal information we hold about you or for further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website: http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Changes in the Future